CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007 (week)



Well Christmas has been really wonderful this year. It has been so much less stressful than previous years. My Christmas tree was thrown together by my children this year. I threw some lights into the trees outside and rarely plugged them in. I guess I just didn't have the energy to walk 5 feet outside and plug them in. Next year there will be a timmer involved. We swapped names on my side of the family again this year. This made things a whole lot easier. On my husband's side, we just bought 1 gift for the kids...which there were 2. Yah! This means, less stress on Kristin and more shopping for the kids. My kids don't need a whole lot, but I guess every parent goes thru this wondering if their kids will get enough for Christmas. Every year I think....this is a lot of crap here. Where are we gonna put all of this.


OK. enough rambling ( I do this way too much). Oh by the way I fyou haven't noticed already, I can't spell worth a crap. This year, my sister decide to have Christmas at her house. She wanted everyone to come down on Chriatmas Eve and there she would fix a nice Christmas dinner. She lives in Lynn Haven, Florida which only takes me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there, so not too long. To be honest, I thought this was gonna suck! Growing up, our family has always had Christmas eve dinner at my Ninnie's (g-ma) house up until the last 8 years or so. My Papa died in 1998 of cancer and after his death, she decide she wasn't going to have anything at her house for Christmas. I guess it just wasn't the same and she was right. The past couple of years we have had Christmas Dinner at my Mother's house. Still, not the same, but I had gotten use to it. Getting to the point, Christmas went on reguardless of what I thought. It actually was pretty fun. We all brougt one side dish..I brought 2: mashed potatoes and gravy and a green bean casserole just in case your were wondering. We all had fun and laughed and talked about the good ole' days. haha. The best part of it all was what my brother-in-law's brother (Scott) got my(our) nephew. He bought Nathan a drum set. It was so awesome. Payback is great. My nephew is 2 by the way. We got there around 3:30 and stayed until around 7 pm due to the fact we had to get home and put out our Reindeer food in the front yard for rudolph. Apparently Rudolph gets hungry and needs snacks just like Santa does. Now, my neighbors think I am crazy. After the kids were in bed, Jeremy turns to me and says, "how are you gonna get up all those oats out of the front yard so that it appears that Rudolph ate his snack"? I was like.....ahhhh crap. Haha...a light bulb goes off in my head. I will get my cordless hand vac and go out there and suck it up. Picture this... you see a woman out in the middle of her yard in her pj's with a hand vac suckin up what looks like grass in the middle of the night. Yeah, my neighbors already think I'm the crazy lady on the block, and I am the youngest person on the street. Gotta love my life :)

Christmas morning was great. That day was soo busy. My living room was demolished and paper was everywhere. But, when is it not? I have 2 kids and a husband. Here is a pic pf the kids and the tree on Christmas morning. Notice the tree. Everything is just thrown on. They had fun and that is all that matters. I hope every Christmas is like 2007.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Kristin the crazy lady on the block... Has a nice ring to it :). Haha. This was hilarious (picturing you vaccuuming the grass :)). Glad you had a great Christmas!!!

juliebean said...

Ok, I am loving the image of you vacuuming up some reindeer food out of the front yard. What a good mommy you are. I don't know if I would have had the guts....