CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Out in the country

I love the place I live. I have lived there all my life -2 years. My parents still live in the house I grew up in. When Jeremy and I got married almost 10 years ago, we moved to Dothan and lived in an apartment. I hated it. I am by no means a city girl. So, after 2 years, we bought a house which is where we live now. My parents live 5 short streets up from us and Jeremy's parents live across the field. Yeah, that is how we give directions out in the country. So and so lives across the whiddon field or across the other field. Yall know how it is. Just about everyone knows who everyone is. I guess it's kinda like Miranda Lambert's song "famous in a small town". Everyone knows ya business. Well anyway I got off of work today around 2:00 and started to come home when I decided I didn't feel like going home just yet. There is a road just down from my house that is a dirt road. It's in Geneva County. Yeah, you could spit from my house and hit the county sign. So I go down this road sometimes and just look at the cows, old houses, streams, and the wooden bridge. It's so pretty out there. I wish I lived on that road. Anyone who knows me knows I love old things. I also love being outside. To me it's a stress reliever. Some people go out dancing or maybe shopping. Some people I don't really know what thet do to reieve stress. Ok so I like to ride in the country or go to he beach. Now, It's January so I know the beach is out of the question. So I stop by the house and grab my camera. I wanted to show yall how pretty it is out here. Some of yall may not even care. And for those people...you suck.
Ok ...well I am waiting for those pics to load on our slow butt internet connection I am watching the news and just found out that Heath Ledger is dead. I was one of my favorite actors. He's my age too. However I did not see or like the brokeback mountain movie. This kinda sucks....
Ok on these pics, The first pic is of the wooden bridge that is on this road. It's so pretty. The water below is actually clear today. The last time I went....there was no water due to no rain....derr. Photobucket

Ok and the next pic is of the bride itself

Photobucket


and finally this is the side of my house.



Photobucket


It's kinda nice. There are fiels on 3 sides of my house. There is also a stream that runs behind one field. The bad part about all of this is that they (the state of alabama) is going to widen hwy 52 and they are starting to move some of the houses out our way. Yay...more traffic. And with more traffic we are probably gonna get more businesses on other buildings out our way. This is the sole reason I like living out here. Hopefully they won't mess things up down here that much. Then there is the possibility of the 1-10 connector going thru Taylor. There have been rumors.

Off that subject...here is a really old pic....This is Jeremy and I about 11 years ago. My junior prom. We were soooo hot.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Nilla said...

Heath Ledger is dead!? I had to go look it up when I read that! That's insane!

Okay, love your posts. You are so hilarious :). Oh, and you forgot the picture of your house. Just FYI :).

Nilla said...

Oh yeah, country girl. If you come and see me in Seattle, you'd better expect more city than Dothan is!

juliebean said...

i love that picture of prom. That was long ago....... funny how time flies. I am have found that I am a country girl at heart. I prefer to live in the country and drive into town when i want to, but not live in the middle of it.

A. Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.