CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stollen goods

After reading Hila's blog on Jem (really cool Barbie form the 80's) the other day, I decided to go home and do some plundering. A couple of years ago, well more like 6, Anne and I were cleaning out the junk/storage/we might need in 75 years but probably won't closet, I found 2 really cool items. I have no idea who they belonged to or why the h-love had these items. We threw out boxes and boxes of crap. However I found in one of the boxes some paperdolls from 1986. They were still in the original packages ( most things are...we keep everything) OK so the paperdolls were of Jem and Barbie and the rockers. As I told Hila the other day, Gees, I really wanted a Jem doll, but my parents never bought me one. I guess they thought it was the devil just like the Ninja Turtles were apparently. So here is the pics of the outside of























these paperdolls. They are from 1986 and still have the price "sticker" on them. Wern't those the simple times. When ya had the price of the item on the item.





Don't ya just love Barbie's figure? It's so awesome and realistic. OK so those are the Rockers. The following are from the Jem girls



These girls are totally awesome. I am so loving AJA witht he yellow heels and the white socks. I really hope that one dosen't come back into style.

I still have all of my Barbie dolls. Correction: I still have all the dolls my sister and I didn't decide to cu their hair or give surgery to. There were so many willing candidates. Hey, we were bored and that was "before" the nintendo. So this is all we had to do. After playing with the barbies for about 10 minutes or so....things tended to fizzly out. They couldn't move or talk.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

Oh my heck!!! I didn't know you found those while plundering through HLML's dungeon closet!!! I so wish I had been there! I don't blame you for "stealing" those! I wonder what other goodies were hanging around! Shoot, I need to go work somewhere with some ancient (and when I say ancient, I mean 80s) treasures so that I can "steal" them and have a bunch of 80s stuff! Too cool!!!

Nilla said...

Oh, and by the way... I think I should name one of my daughters Jerrica. Haha!! And maybe our cat or dog can be named Synergy, just for fun ;).

Nilla said...

Oh yeah, and I totally loved Barbie and the Rockers. I had the brown headed doll (maybe Diva?) and I also had the Ken. He had "real" hair!!! Not like those other Ken dolls whose hair was plastic painted brown or blonde and stuck to their head. Yeah, "real hair" Ken was a hottie and I always wanted to be the one to have her Barbie be his girlfriend... Such a lame (and yet oh so great) memory.