CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Tax.....credit?

Yay! It's Friday.

Ok so I was looking last night at cnn.com on the "tax credit" proposal. I love me some money. OK so I was looking to see what the in's and out's were gonna be and who was gonna get this so called "Tax credit". It's not that I am against such things, but I don't actuall think it iis fair. Just by looking at it, it looks like Jeremy and I will get back around $1,800 sometime this summer. I did see something though that pissed me off to no end. Basically they (the government) are giving every single person who makes up to $75,000 and every married couple who makes up to $150,000 a year a rebate check. The single people would get $600 and the couples would get $1,200. Yay for us. Oko and for those of you who have chirren you will get $300 per child. So this is where I get $1,800. Yeah, somehow I will probably get screwed, but, this is what I am crossing my fingers for. The part that I disagree with is the part where people who don't even pay federal taxes get money? How the heck you gonna get a "tax credit" when you don't even pay taxes. That's like additional money you get when you've not even paid into the system. WHAT???? Oh and the democrats what to get food stamp credits. I am really confused on that. How does that work and what does that have to do with taxes? The only thing I can figure out with that is that it will boost food sales....and in turn help with an increase of jobs and food producers. So, I guess that explains that part. Maybe. However I still don't understand the people who will get a "tax credit" rebate check when they don't pay taxes to start with? HUh? This really annoys. I have to go to work, to pay bills. I have a house to pay for for the next 22 years and a car and insurance and food (I want some free food) and other crazy bills. Well Jeremy pays for most of that, but it is still money that has to be paid and is coming from our family income. They say you have to at least make $3,000 a year andnot pay taxes to get this $300 tax reabate. I reallize it is only $300 but come on. I'd like to get out of paying taxes too. Looking at my W-2 I paid about $3,000 last year to the federal government. That's just out of my paycheck. That's not including what taxes I pay to the local government everytime I fill up my car (which I am getting very tired of at this moment,....Like $40 a week...sucks) and everytime I wanna do anything. This is also not including what my husband paid in taxes last year....which I don't wanna even know in fear I may go burn something down. jk yall ...maybe. Ok so what I need is an explination on how the heck they get off saying that they are gonna give people $300 to every person who dosen't pay taxes and a least makes $3,000 a year, which by the way isn't much anymore. Ok so here is where I get these facts from http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/24/economic.stimulus/index.html?iref=newssearch


Have a great weekend yall. Ane be safe

3 comments:

Nilla said...

I haven't read the specifics... But I agree. I mean, I'm all about some "free money", but seriously, where's the money coming from? I think we're just adding it to our national debt, and that's the most idiotic thing ever. And apparently they did this back in 2001 as well, to boost the economy. So, what does it say when they have to boost the economy again 7 years later? It says to me that we are in bad shape and that there are some not so good things around the corner.

Kristin said...

Well, I think it will and did work back in 2001 and again in 2002. However, I think it should only be oaid to TAXPAYERS.

Nilla said...

Yeah, that's what I'm agreeing with you about. If you aren't paying taxes, then you shouldn't be getting any money back.