CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008


Gas prices are horrible again. I was at a little hometown gas station here in Taylor, Alabama. The name of it is ....Taylor Grocery. Magine that. I went in this past Sunday night to get some taco sauce that my husband likes so that we could put it on the steak fajitas that I had made for supper that night. I couldn't help but notice the guy out front who was changing the sign with the gas prices on it. He was actually lowering them. Now 3 days before, they had raised them like 15 cent or something like that. I thought to myself as I was driving up and parking," that's funny how they are lowering them AFTER Christmas. I looked around, it was about 6:00 pm and there was no tanker truck out. See I "thought" that they weren't suppose to raise or lower the prices except when they were getting a new tanker in to fill up their tanks. Now we all know this goes on at EVERY gas station. I am not pickin this particular gas station out, bc the one up the street ( yeah we have 2 gas stations AND a traffic light in Taylor) is just as bad if not worse. They (Robert's grocery better know as THE Chevron owned by THE Robert Crowder) is always more expensive. That store raised their gas 2 days before Christmas and lowered it the day after Christmas. Then, they riased it again on the 30th of December. I went by there this morning and saw thay it was back down. Magine that. After the holidays the gas goes down.....huuuummmmmm.


I remember when I could fill up the ole blue car (hehe) for like 9 dollars. When the prices were like this:

I don't think we will ever see gas prices again like this. haha. Look at the super unleaded price. It's the same as the unleaded.
Back to you

1 comments:

Nilla said...

Yay! A new post! I'm such a loser! Haha. Yeah, I remember filling up for 99 cents and that was the EXPENSIVE one. The cheap one (which is all I ever get now) was 79 cents a gallon. That wasn't even 10 years ago and look how much the prices have gone up. That's a bad sign and so sad. Oh, and you are totally hilarious. I laugh everytime I read your posts.